Monday, April 21, 2014

Cabbage and Apple Slaw

I'm back!  Took a much deserved breather, but I'm back and busy as ever.  My Lil' sis came over on Saturday to help me cook for Easter, and boy did we cook, I was crackin' the whip. I had a big spread for Easter brunch for all to enjoy and could not have gotten it all "shaked and baked" without her.  One of the side dishes we made was cole slaw to go with my baked ham.  This is how we made it.

These are some of the ingredients in my slaw recipe.  We made it with a bag of shredded cabbage and carrot mix and a half bag of shredded red cabbage, toss them together.  
 We used an empire apple, they are sweet.  Peel, core and shred the apple on the shred side of a box grater.  Toss that with fresh lemon juice, then squeeze the juice out of the apple.  Toss the apple with the cabbage.  Julienne two radishes and toss into the cabbage mixture.  Add in 1/2 cup of Craisins. Mix with 1/2 jar of Marzetti Original Cole Slaw Dressing and about 2 teaspoons of poppy seeds.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.  Stir before serving, if it is a little dry, stir in more dressing.  It is sweet, crunchy and so good!



0 comments:

Post a Comment