Monday, April 14, 2014

Garden of Weedin'

Me and the hubby got motivated by the warm weather on Saturday, and cleaned out the flower beds in the front of the house.  After three full wheelbarrows of weeds, it was rough looking, it is now ready for all the flowers that were pushing through to have room to grow.  I can't wait until all the color pops out, I am so excited.  I have spirea, knockout roses, azaleas, snowball viburnum, different shades of peonies, columbines, tick seed and lambs ear growing in this garden.
Ready and waiting for the sun to make them all grow.
Now, on the other side of this garden, I was pulling weeds and discoverd what I thought was dirt that caved in.  Well it did cave in, sort of, with the help of a very large ground hog!  He has his hole right up against the house!  I do have a sonar stake right there but obviously he ignores it.  The groundhog destroyed two rhododendrons and an azalea bush in the excavation of his new home.  He needs to find other living arrangements, far, far, away.
And now I know why he is so large, he is hanging out at the bird feeder!



0 comments:

Post a Comment