Saturday, June 22, 2013

Ahhhh... The Broccoli Slaw

It's 8:25 AM on Saturday morning and I am back from our walk.  I am so proud of myself, today I stuck to my plan.  Off we went (the husband and I) to a local trail in Audubon (at 6:50 this morning) and walked 4.58 miles around the trail.  I have to say I was impressed with myself!  I didn't think I could do it.  The walk was so  peaceful and beautiful, listening to the birds chirp, the fragrant wildflowers and plants, the crackle of the water in the river.  The walk was very calming and relaxing if you can believe that.  Came home and ate a low fat breakfast, and this is what is for lunch:

Broccoli Slaw Salad

1 bag of broccoli slaw (I use Dole or Marketside)
½ of English cucumber, peeled and sliced
2 – 4 oz. containers of Dole Mandarin oranges, drained
¼ cup Ocean Spray sweetened dried cranberries
½ cup Emerald candied pecans or Almond Accents toffee almonds
½ cup Ken's Asian Sesame Salad Dressing (or more if you like)
1 cup of LaChoy Chow Mein Noodles

Gather your ingredients

Pour slaw into a bowl.  Add cucumbers

Top with oranges and cranberries

Add pecans and it's looking good! This salad has a lot of color.

Pour on that dressing and top with those noodles for crunch and you have yourself a very tasty salad.


0 comments:

Post a Comment