Saturday, June 29, 2013

Little "Vignettes"

Setting "little scenes" in the home are eye catching to visitors and keep it interesting.  When you turn a corner you never know what you will see.  I do this throughout my home and change things often by regrouping items from another scene.  I have collected so many things over the years from family members, purchasing them myself or thrifting.  Some are antiques or heirlooms that I just can't part with, so I display them to share with others.  They will always start a conversation or bring back fond memories. 

Rooster was bronze so I whitewashed it. Found at the grocery store for $9.99.

I love birds and found this bird nest and bird at a home decor shop in the country.  The burlap runner with ruffled hem came from there also.

'76 flag and double flag with stand I found at thrift store for $1.00 each. 

Antique Roseville Vase

Iron bird candle holder, Bombay writing desk.

 Found this Majolica looking bunny planter with crackle finish at a thrift store for $2.00 and it came with the Afican Violet!



0 comments:

Post a Comment