Sunday, June 9, 2013

Home on the Range


In case you are wondering where all the recipes on this blog evolved from, here is the place.  My beloved kitchen.  It's my favorite place to be.  I sit in here half of the day thinking of recipes, working recipes and trying them out on my family. When we built our home almost 8 years ago I paid close attention to how I wanted my kitchen to work for me.  I worked with the builder and the kitchen contractor and designed what I wanted. After moving walls and resetting appliances I hope the next family who lives in this house will love it as much as we do.

All appliances - dishwasher, 6 burner (propane) cooktop, warming drawer, double Trivection oven , and refrigerator are GE Monogram.  The range hood is a Kenmore.
This is my baking station.  I had the builder install a cabinet just for the KitchenAid mixer.  We all love the mixer, but it's big, heavy, and takes up alot of room on the counter.  The mixer sits on a spring loaded shelf. You lift it out of the cabinet and it self locks into place.  When you are done using it, unlock it and it slips right back into the cabinet.  The cabinet also came with a bottom pull out shelf for storage. Right next to this cabinet is a drawer where I keep all of my baking utensils. Under that drawer is a double cabinet, with pull out shelves, where I keep all of my baking pans and bowls.  Everything is organized and in one place.  I had a sink installed on one end of the 11 ft counter for cleanup.  On the other end are bookshelves for cookbook storage.
A closeup of the cabinet.  I also had baskets installed for towel storage, I use a lot of towels!
So this is where it all happens. I hope you liked the photos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment