Thursday, June 20, 2013

My Closet Addiction


So as I promised here is my closet.  My husband use to hang his clothes in here but they had to find a new place to live.  My clothes have taken over.  When we built this house I didn't realize how big this closet was, it's a 9 X 12 foot space. I didn't pay much attention to the closets when we built, I thought they wouldn't matter, you just hang your clothes in there right?  WRONG. The builder had standard wire shelving, along both the walls as you walk in, and that was it.  It didn't look very nice when you opened the sliding mirror doors, let alone not enough space.  A year after we moved in my husband surprised me with a redo from Closets by Design. The designer actually got another 1 1/2  feet of space out of the room and this is how it looks now.  I really like how it turned out and now it adds to the features of our home.

The closet has a center island with a bench and drawers on both sides, no need for a bureau now. As I showed in an earlier blog the scarves and necklaces are hung between a window on 3 tension shower rods.  I have too many of  both to hang, and now I know exactly what I have at first glance, and they are all color coordinated, just like the rest of the closet. The window is a decorative window and does not open so I tried to make use of that space.  I am finally making a cushion for the bench!  I just started it yesterday. I will show that when I am done sewing it. 

 The shoe shelf. It holds about 100 pair of shoes with some stored behind the ones you see in front.  Handbag storage on the top shelf and on shelves along that back wall.  There is shelving all around the top of the closet for storage.

Dress pants, capris, camis and skirts

Camis - I have way too many of those!

Some jackets, blazers, skirts

 My husband does have a belt hanger in here. Racks slide out and there are 2 of them.
There are also slide out bars for hanging freshly steamed clothes on.

And ties! How did that happen? These racks slide out.

Folded PJ's and more shoes on the bottom

I had a jewelry armoire that was falling apart, so I pulled the drawers out and left the jewelry in them and now store on shelves.  Hats stored on the other shelves.

My trusty little clothes steamer.  Can't live without him. He is my BFF. Buy one of these and you will never use an iron and board again. They are inexpensive - about $80.




0 comments:

Post a Comment