Friday, June 28, 2013

Gotta Love Cats!


Growing up we always had a dog in the house.  My mother did not like cats, she was Irish and very superstitious about them, so we were not allowed to have them.  I didn't have a cat until I was in my late 40's.  The first 2 cats came via one of my sons teachers who found a litter under her front porch.  He begged and begged to take 2 so I relented.  We already had a dog and I did not know anything about kittens.  So I educated myself online about cats and their behaviors.  To my surprise, my cats who are strays or feral, are the most loving, clean animals I have owned.  

This is Bootsie - she is the first to the house, with her brother Smokey who passed away, and the oldest at 13.  I can make hand sounds and she will go to wherever I am in the house.

Jessie - My oldest daughter found him on her balcony one New Years Day.  Animal rescue said he was
  un-adoptable so I took him home.  Jessie is in charge of the whole clan.  He keeps order in the house, and he loves to be cozy.  If there is a cat fight Jessie breaks it up and sends them on their way.  I have had him for 13 years.

Sammy- the feral cat who someone found on my job and couldn't keep so I took him in.  He was near death and was eating pebbles to survive.  After about $1500 in vet fees (I know, I know,  it's CRAZY, but look how cute he is) to get him healthy and some training, he is now a beautiful cat.  Sammy is the toddler and the  "spice" in the house.  If there is food you will see Sammy!  He is 3 years old.


 Trevor - He is a hefty boy! Loves to eat and sleep and is a lovable guy. Trevor is 12 years old.

 Trixie - thinks she is in charge but Jessie says otherwise.  She is sweet, loves to cuddle with you and at 12 she still has spark and playfulness, just ask her to play "mouse" and she will show you.



0 comments:

Post a Comment