Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Fashion Plate

Yes that's me!  I must have been about 4 or 5 years old in this picture and it is the very early 1960's.  As you can see, I was fashionable back then.  I have my beret on, heels and my clutch bag which were very popular then.  If you look closely I even have my gloves in my clutch.  Every classy lady wore her gloves back in those days.  Oh yeah, I was a fashion plate!  And, I still love clothes.....


I put this outfit together to wear to dinner and a movie:
Navy blue and white polka dot top w/navy cami $34.99 - Avenue
White skinny jeans $18.99 - WalMart
Navy and white sandals $24.99 - Marshalls
Handbag $14.99 - Dress Barn
Necklace and earring set $5.99 - Gabriel Brothers
Bracelet $7.50 - Avenue


I love, love, love animal prints they never go out of style.
 I picked this raincoat up at KMart for $10.00!  It was on a clearance rack and originally priced at $49.99.  Always, always check clearance racks first, the best bargains are there.  I never pay full price for anything.  The scarf was brand new, still in the package, and I paid $5.00 for it at Rice's Flea Market.


I put this outfit together to go to the grocery store.  
White Jean Jacket $24.99 - Avenue
Purple print embellished neck bubble top $3.00 - WalMart (that's right 3 bucks!)
Denim skinny jeans $8.00 - WalMart
Black patent t-strap wedgies $24.99 - Marshalls
Purple beaded earrings and bracelet  $19.00 - Kohl's 


As I said before, I never pay full price for anything.  Whether it be items for the house, the car, clothing or whatever has to be purchased.  Check clearance first.  All stores have clearance racks.  If you find anything minor wrong with your items always ask for more of a discount.  Here is a famous quote from my mother "you don't get what you don't ask for".

0 comments:

Post a Comment