Friday, June 14, 2013

A Shopping I will Go....

Who doesn't love to shop?  I can shop and not even buy anything.  I like to compare prices, when I am out and about, to get the best deal I can.  Always buy discount when you can.

 I was looking for an insulated bag, to keep in the back of my car, for shopping trips far away from home and days at the beach.  I was in Home Goods (they had many different patterns) and found this cute one with lobsters on it.  The handle folds down and has a foam rubber sleeve on it for comfort when carrying.  It is very sturdy, the top unzips like a picnic basket on both sides.  The size is 18 " x 13" x 10.
  The cost - $16.99.

It's insulated and padded inside.  So throw some of those freezer packs in the bottom (you can get at Dollar Tree) and off you go, no worries about anything spoiling while you're out or at the beach.

The straps have velcro on the metal frame so it's removable and you can throw into the washer when it gets dirty.

I have alot of get togethers over the summer so when I make a homemade drink, flavored tea, lemonade or cocktails, I wanted something nice to put it in.  I found this beverage dispenser at Big Lots for $10.00.  It holds 1.3 gallons. And how cute is that - It's shaped like a bee skep!

These cute patriotic paper plates (8 pkg) and napkins (20 pkg) were $1.00 each, and the blue straws (96 pkg) $2.99, I found all at The Christmas Tree Shop.  If you haven't been there - get there! It's a fun place to shop.   The red straws (18 pk) I found at Marshalls for $1.00 on clearance.  I always shop sale or discount, so when I see items like these, I buy them, so I have on hand when I need them.

Party treat bags/cookie bags - pink (24 pkg) $4.99 at Home Goods and the silver (12 pkg) $1.00 at  Marshall's.

I am going to teach myself how to make jelly this summer. It's something I always wanted to do and now I have the time to do it.  I was in WalMart and found all of these canning items on the clearance rack. Decorative fabric lid covers 12  - $2.27, 12 gift tags  - $1.50 and 36 ft of  ribbon - $2.50. I had my eye on all of them for awhile but thought when am I going to make jelly?  Well, now that I got them on clearance, I will be turning out jelly this summer!

These wood carved pencils I found at Marshall's.  They came in a set of 10 for $4.99.  They also had them in colors. I use these to tie on gift packages as an interesting little something extra.  You can add them to some stationery for a great teacher gift or a friend.

Went to Ikea today and found these king size pillowcases to go on my new king size bed.  The price, drum roll please, 99¢ for 2 pillowcases!

0 comments:

Post a Comment