Thursday, June 13, 2013

Easy on the Pocket Home Decor

I painted our master bedroom back in October.  The color on the wall is called Pure Earth by Behr at Home Depot.  When I started to think about decorating the walls I didn't want to spent a lot of money, the room is very large 28 x 13 I think, with alot of wall space.  I went to my local thrift store (my lucky day) and found three of these solid wood shelves, with the hardware for hanging, from Pottery Barn for $1.00 each.  Yes that's right, $3.00 for 3 shelves that still had the orignal tag on them and were $39.00 each! So I painted them with one of those little jars of paint I spoke about in an earlier blog. The color was called cream in my coffee.


I repurposed these wood lamps that I got a while ago from Lowe's for $19.99 each.  The burlap shades were $9.99 each.  Lowe's has great stuff in their clearance section, always look. I went to Michael's and found these fabric flowers in the scrapbooking section and hot glued them on to the shades.  It gives them a fancier look than a just a plain shade.


My little coffee bar.  I had an old french buffet that was painted black so I reused it in the kitchen to set up a coffee bar. I wanted to get the big Keurig (I love the Keurig) off the counter and free up some space.  It really does need a place of its own.  I store my coffee pods, sugar, sweeteners and tea in Longaberger baskets. I have a "sick" collection of those baskets so I may as well use them. 

This metal rooster is my kitchen table centerpiece, it's about 2 feet long.  I bought it at  Gabriel Brothers for $9.99.  I decorate it for all seasons changing what I put inside.  For summer I have lemons and limes that I got at Ross for $4.99.   The plant was $5.99 and galvanized bucket was $5.00 and both came from Ikea.  There are also battery operated bead lights from the Christmas Tree Shop on the plant, they were $3.99.  Reindeer moss on the bottom is from Dollar Tree, you guessed it $1.00!  The 72" twine/rope mat was $7.99 at Marshalls.

1 comment: