Sunday, July 7, 2013

A House Is Not Just a House, It's a Home


As I said in an earlier blog we had our home built 7 years ago.  When we thought about doing this a second time, we had already built one, we wanted this to be our dream home.  We wanted to put in as much as we could, and afford, so when re-sale time came it would not only still be updated but still in style and keen to the eye of a savvy homebyer. People always say couples can get a divorce over building a home.  But with us we separated things into two groups - Manager and Money Handler,  I was in charge and my husband was money handler. So if I wanted something, I had to negotiate it down if it was too expensive.   It was pretty funny all along the way, the contractor's didn't even know who he was because they never saw him. I did all the negotiating with prices and what was to be done.  I was at "the house" every day on my lunch hour, and if no one was working somebody got a phone call!

My daughter and I recently painted the Master Bath.  This is a picture during construction of the bath.  The frame is for the jetted tub. The Heatilator is a double sided fireplace. One side is in the bath the other side is in the Master Bedroom.

The jetted tub is almost in

 All done and freshly painted, the color on the walls is Sauna by Behr.  I wanted a step for the tub, township code said I couldn't.  We have very strict code rules here. I still haven't found curtains I like for that window yet!

Double vanity and sinks

And the water closet.

Stall shower

0 comments:

Post a Comment