Saturday, July 27, 2013

Some Nice Cheap Shopping Finds


Went shopping with my sister again this weekend.  She is redecorating her powder room and needed some more things. While out and about I found a few things for myself and my daughter, who is decorating her college apartment.  Check out what I found.

I hung new curtains for my laundry room today.  I bought them at The Christmas Tree Shop - 1 pair with a valance on sale for $5.99.  I also have a table cloth that matches them. That was $9.99 for 60 x 84.


Hyacinth round woven place mats.   I bought 6 for $2.99 each.  I have been looking for them for a long time. I found them at IKEA.

Also at Christmas Tree Shop - Vacuum cleaner scents 5 in a box for $.89 each and dish cloths 4 for $1.99. 

Since my daughter was in London last year she loves anything British.  I found this canvas British artwork at the CTS.  Large canvas was $9.99 and the 2 small were $6.99 each.  Not bad for college room decorating.


 Guess what you can do with this stuff?

I have this chalkboard hanging on my pantry door.  When I run out of something, all my family has to do is write it on the board and I know what to buy at the next grocery store visit. I take a picture of it on my cellphone before I leave the house. I bought it as a mirror at WalMart for $5.00 painted it with chalkboard paint and just left it white.  Well, it was ugly, so I decided to jazz it up a little bit without painting it.  Who says only men can fix something with duck tape?





0 comments:

Post a Comment