Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Kitchen Kupboards

Some of the nicer features that we added to our kitchen, when we built our home, are useful and great for storage.  When we decided to build again (this is the second house we built), I researched through every outlet available, to add as much as I could to the kitchen. It had to be useful, I didn't need things that would just take up space, look pretty and not be able to have a purpose.  I cook just about everyday of the week, churning out breakfast, lunch, dinner and desserts.  It is my favorite place in the whole house and I still could improve upon it, but you know that costs money, and with two kids in college that won't happen.  Hopefully the features in this house will stay updated for a long time. We put a lot of thought into choosing everything while it was under construction, so when the time does come to move on, hopefully it will need very little.  All the appliances are GE Monogram and I love them all!

This is the Cook Top with a Warming Drawer right below it

The Warming Drawer under the Cook Top - I have used this many times during parties to keep food piping hot until guests arrived and for many big Sunday morning breakfasts until the kids got out of bed and were ready to eat.

There are 2 medium pans with lids and 1 long large pan with a lid.  Also a rack on the opposite side for warming. Sometimes I also use it for storage.

Bottom of Double Oven drawer. All cookie sheets and baking racks fit nicely in the drawer.

Baking Station Cabinet - Drawers hold all of my baking extras.

The drawer on top of the cabinet holds all baking and cooking utensils.

 The top drawer of the cabinet holds all bowls, measuring cups, ricers etc. 

And the bottom holds all kinds of baking and muffin pans.

This drawer holds all steak knives and sharpeners.  Then.....
 The cutting board slides out on top of the drawer to cut bread or chop vegetables.

There are two spice racks that slide out on both sides of the cook top.

The prep sink on the counter and the fake panel.....

Pulls down with a hidden storage container for the sink stopper, sponges, scrubbies and of course Band-aids because I am always cutting myself!





0 comments:

Post a Comment