Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Cookie's and Milk

The child comes out in me with the scent of a homemade chocolate chip cookie.  There is something about a chocolate chip cookie, right out of the oven, that turns me into the kid I once was.  I don't know what it is, the smell of them baking, the softness of the cookie, the warm melted chips, the cookie dipped in an ice cold glass of milk.   These are the favorite in my house and when I bake them they do not last long.  I have tried and played with many recipes and I have come up with this one. The taste testers (my kids and hubby) said these were the best.

I always line my cookie sheets with parchment paper.  Raw dough on the sheet and ready to bake.

Up close and personal with the cookies!  Yummy.....


Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 2/3 cups of unbleached flour
1 1/8 tsp baking soda
1 1/8 tsp kosher salt, I use kosher because it gives the cookie a little bit of salty flavor with the sweet
1 cup (=2 sticks) of Land O' Lakes butter, softened
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup white granulated sugar
1 1/4 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp water
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of chopped nuts, optional

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and stir together. In the bowl of a mixer beat the butter until creamy.  Add the sugars, vanilla, eggs and water then beat until all is combined. Gradually add the flour mixture. When all mixed, add the chips and mix them in with a wooden spoon.  Drop by rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.  Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool on wire racks lined with paper towels.  Makes about 6 dozen cookies.







0 comments:

Post a Comment