Thursday, August 1, 2013

Mover and a Shaker


My mother, who had a great sense of humor, would tell my father she cleaned the house, and then laugh, because all she did was rearrange some things to make it look like she cleaned the house.  Our house was not dirty just a little messy.  She hated to clean, but loved to cook.  I, on the other hand, clean all the time.  I do not like a messy house.  I know, call me crazy, but it has to be organized and neat.  A place for everything and everything in its place, that's the motto I live by.  Maybe because growing up our house was not like that.  Thanks mom for making me the crazy "I have to have a clean house" lady! 

I am the queen of fake items.  Use them, it's better to have them all the time, than buying real and have it rot or die.  So I love fake plants and fruit for this reason, and use them all the time in decorating and displaying things.  Just by switching out the candles and beads with the lemons changes the look and adds color. Also, use what you have, change out things from room to room, no one knows you did it but you.


Re-arranged everything on the mantel.  I do this quite often, I get bored looking at it every time
 I pass through the room.
I took the curtains from the living room and hung them in the kitchen and vice versa.
 The whole kitchen looks brighter. This is the window over the sink.
 Simple table setting with a paper napkin.
 Added a mini lamp and a picture to the coffee bar.
 Re-arranged and added some things on the bookshelf.
 Basket, fake plant, old books, river rocks, a candle and some rattan balls on a coffee table.  Switch out items for the season or when you just get tired of it.  It's a cheap quick fix to redecorating without having to buy new.

Replaced owl mirror with a letter canvas and an iron bird and moved the artichoke votive candle.



0 comments:

Post a Comment