Saturday, August 10, 2013

Ice Cream Truck Favorite


As a kid I would love when summer rolled around because that meant the ice cream truck did too.  Hearing that jingle play from the loud speakers was music to my ears.  Wherever I was,  I stopped and ran towards that sound.  I loved that ice cream truck!  One of my favorites served up on the truck was the waffle ice cream sandwich, two waffles with vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream in between.  I would eat those "babies" all summer long.  The ice cream truck of today isn't what it used to be, and I haven't seen the sandwich in years, so now I make this grown - up version of waffles and ice cream, and fond memories of the "back in the day" summer ice cream truck.

The Belgian Waffle Iron and Pancake Mix - TaDa! Waffles
1 waffle, 2 scoops of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Warm Chocolate Fudge Sauce.  It always brings out the kid in me.  And, waffles are not just for breakfast!



0 comments:

Post a Comment