Saturday, August 17, 2013

Appe -teasers

I threw together a couple of quick and easy appetizers the other day to have before dinner.  My son has been bugging for guacamole, so off to the store I went for fresh avocados and cilantro.  I started by grating lime peel into a bowl then juiced the lime.  Next, I scooped out the avocados and mashed them with the lime peel and juice.  I minced - 1 jalapeno, 3 cloves garlic, and 1/2 red onion.  Then diced - 1/2 red pepper and chopped 2 tbls. fresh cilantro. Combine these  ingredients to the avocado mix and add salt and pepper to taste.  A very good guacamole, served up with tortilla rounds. Two of my kids will eat all kinds of ethnic foods, they get a kick out of trying new flavors from around the world.   I passed the kid test on the guacamole. It made me feel great!  I also made an easy anti pasta - these are some of my favorites.
 Small Anti Pasta
 1 block of  BelGioioso Sharp Provolone Cheese, cubed
 1 container prepared bruschetta, add 2Tbls. balsamic vinegar and stir in (I buy Costco's brand, really good)
 1 container marinated mixed olives with feta, from an olive bar (Wegmans has a great olive bar)
 1 bag of garlic flavored New York Style Panetini Oven baked Italian Toast









0 comments:

Post a Comment