Monday, August 12, 2013

Out With The Old - In With The New

As I have told you before, I get bored looking at the same things all the time in the house, so I change them out or move them frequently.  I was browsing Ikea on Friday, because I had my eyes on some curtains there for the family room, and low and behold, they were on sale.  Curtains are expensive and I have a lot of windows in this house. So you know me, I picked them up.  Then I browsed the rest of the store as well, and just with a few cheap small changes, the room looks totally different.  The whole transformation for this room was a total of $163.00.  The other decorations I moved from other rooms in the house.  As I have said before, it's easy redecorating and doesn't cost a thing when you move things from room to room.

Left: Family room before, it's so drab.
Right: New curtains $34.99 per pair, I needed three pair.  They brightened up the whole room.

Rearranged the mantel, added 1 book and the ampersand, for color, already had them.
Curtains up close.  Bought two of these lamps at Ross for $19.99 each and they came with the burlap shade.
I already had the antique steamer trunk, found it a while ago in a thrift store for $45.00.  We use it as a table.
Left: Also bought some pillows covers, they are cheaper than buying a new pillow.  I covered my old pillows.  Aqua cover - $7.99, I already had the stripey pillow.  Map pillow, already had that too.
2 other Ikea pillow covers - $4.99 each
Changed out the rugs in the foyer:  WalMart rugs - $60 for 3.  The rugs have all the colors of the 1st floor of the house and tie all the rooms together.
 Left: blah, blah, blah, off white curtains in the dining room.
Right: New Ikea curtains in the dining room - $50.00



Posted on by The Bee Skep | No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment