Saturday, August 24, 2013

"You're The Top Banana" Bread

I am not much of a banana eater, I like them, I just don't really eat them.  I buy bananas for my husband, but when he doesn't eat them fast enough, that means I have to get busy baking or cooking something, so I don't have to throw them out.  I started making this banana bread a few years ago and it is the best one I have ever had.  It's moist, full of banana flavor and best of all, it's so easy to make.   You don't need a mixer (although I use one) to make this bread.  I had a piece right out of the oven,  it was so good with a cup of coffee or maybe tea.  I put nuts in this for the first time and it's amazing!
Recipe below. 

Ingredients, and  ready to start mixing.  Peel three ripe bananas.
 Mash them up, they should look like this.
 Mixing all the good stuff together.
 Add the nuts, then into the pan and oven.
 Warm, full of banana walnut flavor, delicious bread.  See Note - Try this baking spray it's great! 

Banana Bread

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, I use unbleached
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional

Directions
Grease and flour a 9 x 5 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pan.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and sugar.  Mix in the eggs, melted butter and mashed banana.  Add walnuts if desired.  Pour into prepared loaf pan.  Bake for 1 hour, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.  Remove from oven and turn pan on it's side for five minutes.  Invert onto a cooling rack, let cool before putting on a serving plate.

Note:  Check the baking aisle of your grocery store for BAKER'S JOY.  It's a non-stick baking spray with flour.  No mess greasing and flouring baking pans, all you have to do is spray them.  It's all in one. I have been using this for years, a tip from my mother.  Nothing ever sticks in the pan.


0 comments:

Post a Comment