Monday, July 15, 2013

Everything Old is New Again

I am always on the go changing things around the house.   I am bad, I get bored with the way things look all the time!   Of course I can't go around getting rid of furniture and buying new, when the urge strikes, I don't have that kind of money to do that.  So, I work it in a different way, in using what I have, to change what I don't like about a room. The easy stuff, like taking pillows from one room and putting them in another.  Just doing that will change the room. And guess what, it doesn't cost a thing.  I learned this from my mom. We didn't have a lot of money growing up, so she would use what she had to make things look nice in the house, she would even hand sew and make things. If you can not reuse them somehow, let them go. I get it, I am somewhat of a hoarder, meaning I have a hard time letting go of things because I know I can find a new use for them.  But, if I do let go of things I never throw them out.  I give the items to thrift stores that donate their proceedings from sales to charity.  That way someone else can enjoy your good taste, what they sell it for is going to good cause, and it makes you feel better about getting rid of it. 

Living Room -Just by changing out the draperies it looks brighter and gives it a less stuffy look .

Family Room - Re-arranging the sofa and love seat then turning the furniture on an angle gave the room a more cozy feel and less rigid look.

Dining Room - Re-arranged the china cabinet and changed the table top decor and brought in more color. 

Foyer - Changed out the lamp, the vase, added the owl mirror and artichoke votive candle.

Fell in love with this Bombe chest the moment I saw it.  I found it at Raymour and Flanigan a few years ago and everyone who walks through the front door comments about it.  The chair, I use in the foyer as a side chair - also Raymour and Flanigan (Heirlooms in the Attic line) on clearance for $25.00 and it's sold wood!  Always check clearance in the furniture store too.  They don't advertise these things.  You have to do a little foot research too. 

 Master Bedroom - This was the room before painting it in October.

Master Bedroom - After painting, new king bed and bedding, and of course all on sale or clearance!

0 comments:

Post a Comment