Sunday, July 13, 2014

Putting Things Back Together

My kitchen is finally back together again, after the painting I had done in June!  It took me awhile to catch up on other things that had to be done around the house, before I could get to decorating the freshly painted walls.  My next project is the Jack and Jill bathroom my boys share, I will be painting that hopefully next week.

From IKEA - 3 Poster Picture Pack - $9.00 and NYTTJA Frames - $3.99 each
There is a coat rack under the pictures.  This wall is right off the garage, so a place to hang coats, hoodies, jackets as soon as my family comes in the door.  I do not like coats hung over chairs!
Short wall with veggie pictures and black tray.
I had 3 yards of this fabric with a white and black polka dot satouche trim on it.  I cut it in half lengthwise, so I could make two curtains.  One for the back door and another for the window over my sink.  I used my trusty IKEA iron on webbed hem material to make a nice crisp hemline.  
It's very easy to do, all you need is an iron.  Please make sure whatever fabric you are using, you have the iron set correctly so you do not burn your fabric!
My door is steel so I can not put holes in it.  I found Command hooks that fit my curtain rod.  Yes they are kind of big, but my door was freshly painted and I did not want to damage the door!  The rods and cafe hooks were from IKEA also, they are very inexpensive but they look nice.
Then I hung the other curtain over the kitchen window.
These grommet top curtains were also form IKEA.  
2' 6" x 6' 7" Black and White Poly Stripe Runners - IKEA $9.99 each















0 comments:

Post a Comment