Sunday, July 20, 2014

Herbed Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Sweet potatoes are a now a new favorite of my family, having a vegetarian in the house has brought us to try a lot of different food items.  I usually only serve sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving, but now I am finding new ways to make them.  I mash them with cinnamon and nutmeg, sometimes just salt and pepper, made a casserole out of them with pecans and now making all kinds of baked fries.  They come out of the oven crispy on the outside and smooth and creamy on the inside.  This is how I make them - 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  I used 3 big sweet potatoes for 4 people (that was plenty, even had some leftover), olive oil and my fry seasoning from WS (love this store!), this seasoning mix is FANTASTIC!. They also have it in a chili flavor.
 This is the garlic herb flavor.
 I do not peel my potatoes, I wash them and then hand cut them into fries.  Toss with a little olive oil and the seasoning, bake for 20 -25 minutes until browned and crispy.  You can also toss with a little canola oil and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, or toss with canola oil and serve with pure maple syrup  for a sweet dessert or snack.



0 comments:

Post a Comment