Monday, July 14, 2014

Fatty Fatty Boombalatty!

Who doesn't like a thick, fat, juicy steak?  I actually crave it sometimes, crazy.  I do like it grilled plain with just some salt and pepper, but I am always on the hunt for a new taste in marinades, sauces, anything to pump up the flavor.  I found this marinade, somewhere, I don't remember, the old age is creeping up on me.  So I tried it on a very thick cut of a boneless ribeye steak.  It only takes 15 minutes to marinate and then throw it on the grill and cook to your likeness. Some like theirs still mooing (not me) I like it just a little pink inside, medium well.

Mix the marinade according to the package directions.  You need water, oil and white vinegar. I pierced the meat with a meat tenderizer.....
then put the meat in a plastic storage container, poured the marinade over it and put the cover on.  Turn once or twice during the 15 minutes to coat all sides.  Then on to the grill it goes.  Look at that baby cooking!
I made fingerling potatoes with onions, rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil as a side dish with my steak.
 Wrap them up in foil
 Make a packet like this
Then on to the grill along with the steak
 Steak cooked to my liking, just a little pink inside - no mooing!
 Served up with my potato packets, a salad and warm bread.

0 comments:

Post a Comment