Tuesday, July 22, 2014

All I Want Is A Little Cornbread

All in life is good when you have a pan of warm cornbread.  My easy version only takes minutes to make, and I use a small cast iron frying pan to bake it in.  Put some butter on your slice when it comes right out of the oven and watch it melt into and over the edges of your slice of cornbread, it's awesome.  I eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner because it's so delicious!

This short little recipe is easy when you start with a package of Betty Crocker Cornbread and Muffin Mix. It's around 49 cents at my grocery store, how cheap is that for something so good.  I follow the directions on the back, you need 1/3 cup of milk, 2 tablespoons of melted butter and 1 egg.  Then I add magic to mine in the form of 1/4 cup of sugar.  It makes it sweet and adds a little crunch to the top when it's baked.  I then pour it into a small, lightly oiled, cast iron frying pan.  Bake at 400 degrees for about 18 minutes, depending on your oven, until golden brown.  Slice it up and serve warm with butter or drizzle honey over the top.



0 comments:

Post a Comment