Thursday, July 3, 2014

Grilled Chicken, Roasted Peppers, Provolone And Basil Sandwiches

As I have said before, my sons bring home a lot of bread from their jobs.  I try to find different ways to use it so it does not go to waste.  My youngest son, who works in the Italian bakery, brought me home two rustic loaves of Italian bread, so I made these great tasting, hardy chicken sandwiches for four people. 

I used four chicken breasts and grilled them with a little olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper,  They got really nice and brown.
 I warmed and toasted the 2 loaves of bread in the oven, and these are the rest of my ingredients - fresh basil, roasted red peppers in olive oil and garlic, and sharp provolone cheese.
 Build your sandwiches when the chicken is done, then cut in half.   The colors are beautiful!
 Then serve to hungry mouths!  Pack it for lunch or a picnic, cut smaller and serve as an appetizer, these are so good and a great change to a lunch meat sandwich. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment