Monday, March 24, 2014

Rustic Counter Stools

I have been on the hunt for new counter height stools for my kitchen island for months.  Nothing I looked at was sturdy, eye appealing, or went with the decor I already have in the kitchen.  All the tools that I looked at either online or in stores, were over priced for the quality that was being offered.  Bottom line - I did not want cheaply made stools that would fall apart!  I wanted to get a great stool for my money.  I happened upon these stools by chance when I was in Amish country the other day.  I needed three of them.   When I walked into the store I saw only two, asked if they had anymore and the young lady told me she didn't think so they had just come in.  So I started browsing the shop and low and behold I found the third one!  Lady luck paid off for me.  I asked about the origin of the stools, they looked very sturdy, and were beautifully made.  The young lady told me they were solid wood and hand crafted locally by the Amish.  They go perfect with my kitchen dining set so I snatched them up and brought them home. 

Rustic hand crafted saddle stools with hand grips on the side.  The dowls go all the way through to the stool seat, and then there is a cross dowl to make it even more study.  They were $109 each, I could not even find anything that compared to the quality and price of these stools.  I am tickled pink over these!  Got them at a store called Kings in Lancaster, PA. They have a lot of beautiful hand crafted furniture, check them out.


0 comments:

Post a Comment