Friday, March 21, 2014

The Letters

While browsing around my local Jo-Ann Fabrics store, I found these very sturdy and solid, large letters of the alphabet.  They measure 8 3/4 wide x 12 inches long, perfect I thought for "rustic tinning".  I got it home, dug out my paint colors, and got to work.  I plan on buying more of these to use as accents in other rooms of my home.  They can easily be hung in groups on a wall to spell out whatever you like.  The good thing about "tinning" the letters is they do not have to match perfectly or be painted perfectly, they are supposed to look worn. This is how I did it, and how it turned out.

The letters are made of kraft paper mache and are double sided.  I used cheap black sponge brushes for the job.  I put a coat of black craft paint, let it dry then put a second coat and let that dry.  Then do the other side the same way.
 First coat of silver, and second coat of silver.  Let dry completely.  Then do the other side.
 These little bottles of paint go a long way and they are relatively cheap - .99 to $1.50 each
I was trying to find the perfect place for my C.......
I had it on a couple of different shelves...
Until I found the perfect spot for it on the mantel with the rest of my "C's".










  

0 comments:

Post a Comment