Saturday, March 1, 2014

A Flash In The Pan

I took a trip to Trader Joe's (I love that store!) and to my local Wegman's the other day for fruit, got side tracked, and came back with some interesting things to eat.  I found these Ahi Tuna Steaks at Trader Joe's and thought I would give them a try.  They are fairly easy to cook, although I DO NOT like mine raw in the center, no raw fish for me thank you.  I cooked them for about 4 minutes on each side, in a frying pan with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh thyme, that was it, and they were fabulous!
 I served Polenta with my Ahi Tuna Steaks, also from Traders Joe's.  This is the first time I have tried this.  I bought it in a roll, you can also make it from scratch.  I sprayed my grill pan with a little cooking spray, sliced down the Polenta, seasoned it with salt and pepper, and grilled it until it had nice marks on both sides.
I topped my Polenta with a store bought Pesto that I got at Costco.  They have the best Pesto!  It's in their refrigerated section, check it out.  You can also use the Pesto on pasta, drizzled over a caprese salad, or spread on a panini.  It has many uses, go crazy with it!
I picked up this ready to use mix of  Baby Bok Choy, Shitake Mushrooms, Garlic and Ginger at Wegman's.  It's pre-washed and ready to use.
 I sprayed my frying pan with cooking spray and sauteed the garlic and ginger, then added the mushrooms.  Add the Bok Choy last. 
 Cooked the Bok Choy until it was wilted, then I added a little more flavor with 1 tablespoon of Savory Finishing Sauce from you guessed it, Wegman's.  
 Remember now I am on portion control, but this was my dinner and it tasted AWESOME! A flash in a pan and about 20 minutes, is all it took to prepare this great tasting food.



0 comments:

Post a Comment