Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Whoo Hoo Barbeque!

Among the fried chicken, potato salad, chili, macaroni and cheese and peanut butter tandy takes, that we made for my daughter when she left to go back to college, we also made barbecue meatballs.  By the time all the other foods were done I was tired.  I decided I needed to save some time, being in the kitchen from sun up to sun down is grueling.  I was going to make these barbecue meatballs that she wanted from scratch, but didn't have the energy to do it.  So, we used frozen, they are not bad just not as good as homemade but good enough in a pinch, and I mixed up a delicious sauce for them.

BBQ Meatballs
1 bag pre-cooked mini meatballs
1 - 28 oz. bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
2 teaspoons of McCormick Grill Mates Pork Rub
1/2 cup Peach Preserves
1/4 cup honey

Put the meatballs into a large sauce pan or use a crock pot.  In a medium size bowl, mix the BBQ sauce, pork rub, peach preserves and honey.  Stir until all is combined.  Add to the meatballs and cook over medium high heat for 40 minutes.  Serve hot.



0 comments:

Post a Comment