Thursday, March 13, 2014

Fragrant Roasted Vegetables and Creamy Mashed Potatoes

I was thinking what I could serve for side dishes when I made my Chicken Sherry.  I had a lot of fresh vegetables to use in the refrigerator, I wanted to make something interesting to use them up.  I had yellow and green zucchini, baby colored peppers, onions, butternut squash and carrots.  I started peeling, paring, trimming and slicing.  Onto a baking sheet with some salt, pepper, fresh thyme, garlic and a little olive oil.  The whole time they were roasting in the oven, the house smelled wonderful.  
 My other side was creamy mashed potatoes, everybody loves those.  I used 8 medium to large red potatoes, washed and peeled them, boiled until soft, then drained them.  I poured them back into the pan, added 4 tablespoons of butter, then put the lid on the pot so the butter would melt.  Next, I beat the potatoes with a mixer, added 1/2 cup of light sour cream, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of  skim milk.  Continued to mix until all was combined.   The potatoes were creamy, fluffy, tasty and guess what - no lumps!



0 comments:

Post a Comment