Friday, February 28, 2014

Kale and Sweet Apple Salad With Brown Sugar - Apple Cider Dressing

I am so addicted to this Sweet Kale Salad mix from Costco.  It comes as a kit with dressing, cranberries and pumpkin seeds, but I am making up my own salads, just using the greens from the mix, adding other things and then making my own dressing. 

I started with the greens, an Empire Apple - cored, sliced, and drizzled with lemon juice (no browning), some sliced almonds and Craisins.  The dressing - 1/4 cup of no pulp orange juice, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup canola oil, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds, salt and pepper to taste.   Shake in a shaker or whisk together.  Dressing will separate, so shake or stir before pouring.  Makes 1 cup. Store any leftover dressing in the refrigerator.
 Pretty salad, good for you and tasty to boot- dig in!






0 comments:

Post a Comment