Sunday, February 2, 2014

Browsing The Market

I admit I am a foodie.  I love food, anything that has to do with food, cooking shows, cook books, collecting recipes, cooking and baking for my family, I am over the top.  I clip recipes just to clip them, not necessarily to make them.  It's a crazy obsession of mine.  Another crazy thing I do, I love to go to the market, see what's new, read labels, get good deals and sales.  I can spend hours in the store just looking, and maybe only buy a few items.  I went to Wegman's over the weekend, it's such a wonderful store, my favorite place, and was looking for interesting vegetables, things I have never tried before.  I found chopped escarole,  I didn't know what I was going to do with it, maybe put it in soup or a salad.  Escarole is a hearty green, that is part of the endive family, and is loaded with folic acid, fiber and vitamins A and K.  It can be tossed in a salad, lightly cooked or tossed into a soup.  I used the escarole to make a simple salad.  I used two plum tomatoes, an English cucumber, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.  A simple salad that was tasty, packed with nutrients and was good for me.  
Also while browsing the food market, I found these tasty little buggers and I had a great coupon!  French fries, who doesn't love them?  Well, now you can have them without all that fat attached to them, that would eventually be attached to you!  Check them out in the frozen potato section.

0 comments:

Post a Comment