Thursday, February 27, 2014

Home Improvements - The Kitchen and The Dining Room

My kitchen and dining room need a face lift.  They have not been painted in 6 or 7 years, so it's time.  I went to my local Home Depot for paint chips, brought them home, held them on the wall and decided what colors I wanted to get in sample paint, before I commit myself to any colors.  These sample colors are Behr Premium Plus Ultra Paint, are only $2.94 each for 8 ounces, and if you don't like it on the wall, you can use it as craft paint or for something else, so it won't be wasted money or paint.  
 As I am standing at the paint counter, waiting for my paint to be mixed, I glanced down on the counter and saw these nifty little things they have for you to use, instead of painting different colors all over your walls.  They are called SureSwatch, are about 8 1/2 x 11 inches once you pull the tab off.  They are easy to use, but READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!  You paint your color on it, wait for it to dry, then peel it and stick it to the wall, don't worry it's removable!  They are only 98 cents each (I purchased 3 of them), and well worth it.  No more second guessing what color you pick, these decide for you.  Stay tuned, these two rooms will be transformed soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment