Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Purple People Eater

I spent a lot of time at the market yesterday, reading labels and food shopping.  I actually like doing that, seeing what I can get that's good to eat, while saving money at the same time.  I stumbled upon these purple potatoes in the produce section and thought I would give them a try.  Purple potatoes are rich in antioxidants, high in potassium and have a nutty flavor.  You can steam them in the bag, which I did not do because I wanted to use some of them for another meal.  I popped them in the microwave anyway and just pricked them with a fork.  In less than 2 minutes the potatoes were done.  I then drizzled olive oil onto a baking sheet, sprinkled with salt and pepper, and laid the potatoes cut side down. Along side was my fresh broccoli drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper. 
 They both came out fabulous!  The broccoli is always crunchy, which I love, and the potatoes were crispy  on the outside and creamy on the inside.  I bought the crab stuffed tilapia and all I had to do was bake it.  So in less than 40 minutes this whole delicious meal was prepared.
 And then my son walked in with this fresh baked roasted red pepper and herb Italian bread, meal was complete!








0 comments:

Post a Comment