Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Faked Out Hamburgers

Ahhh.... The Portobello  Mushroom, gotta love them.  They are tasty, meaty and you can prepare them so many ways.  Now that I have a vegetarian in the house, I try to find new ways for things he can eat.  I found these huge portobello mushroom caps, on a trip to Wegman's, that I could make burgers out of.  I am also eating lighter, so I picked out two of them.  The hubby had a regular beef burger, he won't eat these, he is a meat and potato kind of guy.  I sprayed my grill pan (my new best friend), heated it on medium high heat, cleaned the gills and the stem from the mushrooms, seasoned with a little salt, pepper and garlic powder and placed them top side down in the pan.  Grill for about 2 - 3 minutes, until nice grill marks appear, flip it over and do the same on the other side.  Looks like a regular old beef burger doesn't it?  These babies are juicy, tender and taste great on a deli flat, with fat free cheese, lettuce, tomato and sliced red onion.  You can make it your own burger by adding whatever you like. I served mine with a huge bowl of salad with balsamic and olive oil dressing for dinner.  I didn't sacrifice any flavor with my faked out hamburgers, just fat and calories!





0 comments:

Post a Comment