Thursday, February 6, 2014

Quick And Easy Shrimp Stir Fry

What an awful day shoveling snow!  My driveway is about an 1/8 of a mile long, and then the parking area of the driveway is 3 cars wide!  Uggggh! I hate the snow, it needs to move along and leave us alone.  I am beginning to think I live in Alaska, enough already.  After helping to shovel the thick, white, fluffy, heavy, about 1 inch of ice underneath snow, my hubby was running the big snowblower, the boys were cleaning off the cars and shoveling too, I had to cook dinner.  I needed something fast for for hungry mouths.  Freezer and pantry time!  What's in there to cook?  After browsing around - Shrimp Stir Fry.  This is how I made it.

I found this frozen bag of Stir Fry Veggies that I got at Costco.  Stir Fried them up in a little Sesame Oil.
 Found some frozen shrimp, ran them under warm water to semi-thaw them.  Sprayed another fry pan with cooking spray and while the veggies were cooking, I got my seasoned with pepper shrimp started.  Then I got the water boiling for the Basmati rice, oooh that rice is good!
 Combined my cooked shrimp with the veggies and poured about 1/2 cup of this great tasting sauce over all and simmered it.
 Sprinkled on some sesame seeds and plated up my rice.  It's as white as the snow outside!
My dinner, all done in about 1/2 hour, and enjoyed by all the hungry mouths I had to feed.  It was delicious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment