Saturday, February 1, 2014

Waste Not Want Not - Two Way Meal

Grilled filet's are a favorite of ours.  We only make them maybe twice a year, so I always try to come up with good leftover ideas, if there are any leftovers.  You do not want to waste this cut of beef.  I grilled four of them last night, I did the cook top version of them.  I sprayed my grill pan, seasoned the filet's with salt and pepper and let them sizzle in the pan.  In a large frying pan, that I also sprayed with cooking spray, I cooked one large onion cut in very thick slices, and some baby portobello mushroom caps.  I let the onion caramelize, then I threw in the mushrooms.  In the meantime, I had asparagus roasting in the oven with garlic and a little olive oil.  Dinner was served and it was fabulous!  But I still had leftovers, portion control is good for me because I would have eaten a whole filet myself.  What should I do with the rest of the meat? So I got out my Light Flatout Wraps and decided to make my hubby a cheesteak wrap, to take to work for lunch the next day, he can heat it in the microwave there.  I sliced down the tender beef filet, added some American cheese and the grilled onions.  I will be having the same for lunch, only mine will have fat free cheese on it!  One cut of beef, two ways, nothing is wasted and dinner and lunch tasted like restaurant gourmet, without the price.




0 comments:

Post a Comment