Monday, February 3, 2014

Veggin' Out!

Fresh vegetables are healthier for you, when you can get them.  I love vegetables, and I think the only one I will not eat is okra.  Everything else, I am all in.  I make them a lot of different ways, but my favorite is to roast them in the oven.  I made this whole baking sheet of vegetables for dinner the other night with the thought of leftovers, to use with pasta or just to eat as a snack.  They are tender, tasty and good for me.  I tossed together fresh green beans, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, yellow zucchini, green zucchini, fennel and red onion. Then it was time for the flavor - fresh parsley, fresh thyme, fennel fronds, sage, salt and pepper.  I drizzled on 3 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil and roasted them at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. My vegetables were crispy (vegetables should not be mushy when you bite in to them), tender, full of flavor and I did not use a lot of oil.

Wash and clean all of the vegetable you are going to use.  Spread them out on a baking sheet.  Toss with the herbs, salt and pepper.
Drizzle on the olive oil and toss again.  Roast in the oven at 350 degrees and serve.  Use any of your leftovers for pasta or to snack on.








Posted on by The Bee Skep | No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment