Monday, February 10, 2014

Eeee HA! Fajitas

Peppers and onions go great with anything, I love them.  Pair them with chicken, sausages, beef and salads. However you prepare them, they are great and good for you. I especially like orange, yellow and red colored peppers, they are bright in color and always look so pretty.  They do the work to make your dish look attractive to the eye and stomach.  I bought a package of these guys at the market, relatively cheap in cost, and made fajitas out of them.  I cleaned and cut my peppers into wide strips and sliced up a sweet onion.  I sprayed my grill pan, no added fat there, seasoned with salt and pepper and let them sizzle in the pan.  Then, I added 1/2 packet of fajita seasoning, stirred them up and let them caramelize.
 Marinated my skirt steak earlier in the day with lime juice and the other 1/2 packet of fajita seasoning.  When all was done cooking, I sliced the steak on the diagonal for the best tender cut.  It was time to eat these yummy fajitas, so I filled my all time favorite wraps, LaTortilla Soft Wraps, with the steak, peppers and onions.  Also on the table - hot sauce, sour cream, lettuce, tomato and Mexican shredded cheese.  Awesome fajitas and fast and easy to make.
 Get on the LaTorilla train if you like tortillas.  Regular flour tortillas are usually 200 - 210 calories each!  These LaTortilla wraps are BIG, only 90 calories each, low in fat, and are loaded with fiber and protein - good stuff that's good for you!








0 comments:

Post a Comment