Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Goodbye Pine Needles!

I finally got all of the Christmas decorations down, put away, and the whole house is somewhat free of pine needles.  Yippee!  I love Christmas, but do not like the cleanup afterwards, it's always a mess.  I am usually still finding needles stuck somewhere, into the summer.  I redecorated some of the rooms by moving things around and only purchased just one thing for the kitchen.  Moving around the things that you decorate your home with and placing them in different rooms, will give your home a fresh new look for the coming Spring. I am starting to minimize, and donating things I do not use anymore, it gets rid of the clutter and makes the house look fresher.

This bowl is what I purchased, at Kirkland's.  Never visited this store before, my sister told me about it and her and I went.  Her quick eyes spotted this large metal, footed rustic bowl on a sale rack, there was a small stack of them.  It was originally $26.99.  We both picked one up - sale price $9.97. Couldn't pass that deal up!  I filled it with 2 garlands, 1 smaller candle ring and a candle with a timer on it.  I used it in the center of my kitchen table.  You all know I love the birds, I picked this little guy up, ceramic with metal feet, at the same store for $2.99.  They sell all home decor type things and they had a lot on sale.  Great store, check them out online.
 Two foot long red metal rooster, redecorated with lemons, limes, a potted plant and a candle, now sits on the kitchen island.
Ceramic rooster in a large white bowl, with lemons, limes, potted plant, flowers, grapevine balls and moss covered balls.
 The rooster sits on the Dining Room table with two candle lanterns with timers.
 Christmas tree down and all holiday decor gone, fresh clean look.
Corner of the Dining Room, all cleaned and garlands off the railing.
Foyer, garlands down, Santa's gone.  Living Room put back together.
Mantel redo - I asked for a framed group shot of the kids for Christmas, so they got together and had one done for me.  My sister and her husband had the sign made for us as a gift.  I used Command Hooks to hang the sign so no holes in the wood mantel.  They are great to use, easy to remove, and leave no marks.  I keep the little cricket on the right on the mantel for good luck, all the other things I had elsewhere in the house.  
In the Family Room, big Christmas tree, outta there!  It's time for a fresh new start, I'm happy and can't wait until Spring!  I will be painting a bathroom and a couple of bedrooms this year so stayed tuned for that.  Colors are changing, I have to keep up! It's always a lot of work when you do it yourself, my hubby is not a painter, and I am the only one who cares what it looks like, so I do it all.  







0 comments:

Post a Comment