Saturday, January 25, 2014

I've Got The Beets!

Ever since I was little I have loved eating red beets.  It's a weird vegetable for a kid to like, most kids don't like vegetables, let alone beets.  I would eat them cold right out of the can, hot with butter on them, in salads, pickled beets, harvard beets, however they were prepared I would eat them. Some of the benefits of eating beets are that they are a great source of healthy nutrients and minerals.  While browsing my local Costco, I came across Love Beets.  Love Beets are precooked, ready to use right out of the package, and are sweet and tender.  Now I have beets ready to use all the time, and they are so delicious! 
I made a veggie salad with hard boiled egg and my Love Beets, tossed it up with a little extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and seasoned with sea salt and cracked black pepper.

0 comments:

Post a Comment