Friday, January 10, 2014

Something Old Is New Again

My mother-in-law bought my husband and I this table when we first got married, a long time ago.  I was into the country decor way back when.  It's solid wood, and came from Yankee Sturbridge.  I held onto this table all these years, I put it out for a yard sale for $10, then dropped it to $5 and still no one bought it, so back into the garage it went.  I used it back in the house a couple of times, but it always ends up back in the garage.  It's attached to me somehow, I can't get rid of it.  I always part with old things by having a yard sale or I call my local thrift store to pick them up, someones trash is always someone else's treasure.  I don't mind giving to my thrift store, for one, they will pick up large bulk items for free and two, the profits go to charity which is a great thing.  But still somehow I can't part with this table.  SO, I did a redo, it looked like this before I sanded it........
and now it looks like this.  I tried to give it a more updated look with this bright color, I may put a glaze over it to tone it down a bit. The color is more vibrant than the color palette in my room, but I think it will make a great addition.  Don't look a that messy garage, I have a ton of furniture in there to be painted.
I am going to use the table at the bottom of my bed, just like a sofa table or console would be used. I also repainted and reupholstered a chair that I found at my thrift store, that I will use with the table.

0 comments:

Post a Comment