Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Buon Anno!

HAPPY  NEW  YEAR 2014!

Happy New Year everyone!  I spent a quiet night at home, my kids have a more exciting life than me, they were out and about, and I am spending today with my youngest before she goes back to school. Wow another year gone and a new one beginning, how time flies.  This past year brought happiness and some sorrow, but looking forward, 2014 hopefully will be good to everyone.

   It's time to put away all the decorations, UGH! I hate doing this.  It takes so long to put them all out and now you have to put them away, doesn't seem right to me. I promise every year I am not going to do this to myself, and every year I get carried away putting it all out, it takes me weeks to do both.   Now it's payback time, packing it all back up.  The tree has to be taken down and put outside, makes me sad, it was "THE BEST CHRISTMAS TREE EVER",  that I have put up and decorated, in all my years.

  I am making my mother's traditional New Year's Day dinner today - Roast Pork, Sauerkraut, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Applesauce and Baked Lima Beans.  This was her favorite meal and we always had it New Year's Day.  You see, today was her birthday, she would have been 81.  Happy Birthday Mom!

  In our calender you are under the Zodiac sign of Capricorn, the goat.  My husband is a goat (HAHAHA!), his birthday is this month. According to the Chinese Zodiac, the year 2014 is the year of horse. Enjoy your very first day of 2014, do something great this year!

  BEST WISHES, PEACE AND PROSPERITY.



Posted on by The Bee Skep | No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment