Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fill Me Up With Good Food!

I am getting more creative with the food choices, trying to make foods that fill me up.  I am always hungry, because I love food.  Why couldn't I be one of those people who was born to stay thin! Instead I was one of those people who was thin, had children, and developed a thyroid problem.  I was always thin as a child, struggled to stay that way during my teens and twenties, and then the children started coming along.  I lost the pregnancy weight with my first three children, was back in my jeans the week after I had them, but with my fourth child, a girl, I packed weight on after I had her and could not loose it.  Went to the doctor, no diagnosis, until 6 years later! Thyroid Disease, Hashimotos's Thyroiditis to be exact.  I fight the pounds now, and my little bundle of joy, well she is this teeny tiny little girl, lucky her!  I hope she never has to fight weight problems.  

This is an easy light breakfast I made for myself the other morning.  I am not much of breakfast eater, I usually just have coffee and I am good until lunch.  I have to force myself to eat better, and breakfast is an important meal.  You should eat like a queen at breakfast, princess at lunch, and a pauper at dinner, they say.  So, I made a light English muffin, toasted no butter, 2 pieces of Canadian Bacon, 2 plain scrambled eggs and a small bowl of fresh blackberries, raspberries, cantaloupe and pineapple.  This little meal satisfied me all morning until lunch and didn't take long to make.
Heeeeeres Lunch! Lean Cuisine Chicken Alfredo and I made fresh steamed broccoli for my side.  It took away the rumbly in my tumbly and it was good I might add!  So two easy fast meals, now all I have to worry  about is dinner.





0 comments:

Post a Comment