Thursday, January 16, 2014

Winner, Winner - Any Kind Of Chicken Dinner!

I took four chicken breasts out of the freezer yesterday, forgetting that my youngest son is now a "vegetarian", I am on a close food eating watch, and the hubby was working late.  They had already thawed when this all dawned on me, so I had to cook them.  I needed to make them light for me to eat.  I sprayed my grill pan with cooking spray and threw them in there.  My oldest son was home, he is the pickiest eater in the world, so I had to make something he would eat and I could eat.  I wanted to season a couple to make a Light Chicken Parmesan, he would never know the difference, that it was light in calories.  I spinkled on some salt and pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.  Look how nice and brown they got dancing in the pan!  I didn't use breads crumbs, saving calories there and didn't use oil to cook them, another savings.  I made 2 pieces of Chicken Parmesan for him and I, measured out my sauce and cheese, threw in some fresh basil and popped it in the oven.  He was eating light, complimented my cooking, and said that it was really good, how about that!  He had his with farfalle, I had mine with a big salad and steamed vegetables.  Use the chicken for any kind of dinner, I sliced down the other two pieces for salads, sandwiches, or snacking. Rethinking how you cook, does not mean you sacrifice flavor.  All I gave up for this dish was some fat and some carbs, and the taste was still amazing.  





0 comments:

Post a Comment