Thursday, January 2, 2014

Roasted Chicken Breasts for Salads and Sandwiches

I had chicken breasts out for dinner, but didn't know what I was going to do with them.  Of course football was on and I knew everyone would be glued to the TV.  I had to make something that was quick, easy and not messy to eat.  I thought I would roast the chicken, slice it down and use it for salad, maybe chicken Caesar or garden tossed salad with chicken.   This is how I made it.

  I used a cast iron frying pan and spread a little olive oil on the bottom.
 Put my chicken breast in and seasoned with salt and pepper.
 Covered with foil and baked in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.  What I got was tender, juicy chicken breast to serve over a variety of our "make your own salad, salad bar" for dinner.  I cut up all kinds of veggies and cheeses, and had croutons and all kinds of salad dressings.  It was not only good, but also satisfying because of the protein.  You could also make wraps with the chicken.  Chicken Caesar wrap, and chicken with vegetables, broccoli and chicken etc., etc., use your imagination, the possibilities are endless!






0 comments:

Post a Comment