Saturday, January 18, 2014

Shrimply Wonderful Shrimp!

A lot going on in my house about the way we are all eating.  I am watching the food my hubby and I eat, and my youngest son now eating vegetarian.  A lot less beef cooking here.  It's a struggle because we usually eat beef, chicken, or pasta.  Now with the beef out of the running, a little more of a challenge.  I took shrimp out of the freezer and wanted a quick easy dinner to make.  I made roasted garlic shrimp in the oven, and it was so easy!  I made aglio olio sauce for linguine as a side, that is what my oldest son, the picky eater in the house, ate.   This is how I made it, recipe below.

Roasted Garlic Shrimp
Ingredients
1 lb raw, peeled, deveined shrimp
2 big cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
1/2 lemon
2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
salt and cracked black pepper

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Rinse shrimp and remove any remaining shells, but leave the tails on. Pat them dry with paper towels.  Lay them out on a baking sheet.  Sprinkle the garlic over them, squeeze the lemon over the shrimp, drizzle on the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.  Toss it all together and spread them out on the sheet.  Roast in the oven (depending on the size of your shrimp) for 10 minutes or until pink. Makes 4 servings.









0 comments:

Post a Comment